Pages

14&15

Thursday, March 10, 2011

What a blustery day! If you are anything like me... you love this weather. The stormy, windy, rainy feel of a day makes me want to cuddle up with a blanket, hot cocoa and either a book or my hubby (too bad he's at work!). What's funny about this though is that I really love the sun too. I honestly love all types of weather and can feel joyful during it all. But, by the end of the season I am definitely ready for the next one. For example, I think that I really am enjoying this today because I know in three weeks I fly away.

Away to Palm Desert.

I have never been but I've heard it's wonderful. I cannot wait to relax by a pool & I just bought a cute suit. Scratch that, I bought two. But really just so Chris can decide which one he likes better. Who knows, maybe he'll let me keep both ;).

Since we took a break for the fun giveaway, it's actually open till Sunday - click HERE if you want to comment on the post & enter, I am back to my 31 day journey of thankfulness with you.

Day 14- Karen talks about something that I am not sure many people think about. Being thankful for what we don't have.... For example, I can thank God right now that I do not have twin babes to take care of. I am sure that if he would have blessed me with them he would have helped me survive. But at this moment I am thankful that I have one little precious angel to take care of and not two or three or four. Another thing I am thankful that I don't have is extremely petty. I am thankful that I don't have the version, paint color, interior "niceness" - yeah not a word but go with me - of my car. Now, I am SO thankful that I have a car and can go to and from the places I need to be. BUT if I had what my flesh desires in a car I could really become wrapped up in materialism and so for that I am thankful. What are you thankful for that you don't have?

Day 15- Seeing the big picture consists of not getting so focused on the itty bitty details in life that we fail to look around us. She describes it as staring at the weeds instead of gazing at the garden. My goodness! How I get lost in the weeds on a daily basis. I am definitely one for grace and I know that Jesus is as well. How grateful I am for his grace! Every day I get entranced with a weed and by the Holy Spirit am able to take my eyes off of it and look at the garden. This is definitely a work in progress as we all are - how I wish that I was always loving the sight of the flowers and veggies and beautiful dirt that nourishes. Currently, the detail I am focusing on too often is my daughter's schedule. It is healthy and good for her to take naps and go to sleep at the right time so her little body gets rest. But this is sometimes at the detriment of people around me; especially my husband. If I stopped staring at the weed that in turn creates so much anxiety, I would show my husband respect and thankfulness instead of freaking out over every noise. What details are keeping you from being grateful?

JOB Day 14- List at least five events or things that have not occurred and give thanks for them.

JOB Day 15- What is the most important gift God has given you?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------**If you desire to cultivate a heart of thankfulness & are willing to try it for 31 days (give or take - there is always grace here) - post a comment during any of my blogs that relate to thankfulness.
I will send you a gift at the end to show my thankfulness for you. If you are curious what the JOB is read my post here.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Day 15-- how timely for me!

    love your blog!

    -ashley
    www.adventuresofnewlyweds.com

    ReplyDelete