Pages

Yummy recipe, photos, and news.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Good Afternoon!

This week I made a delicious recipe that we made a bunch last year and it was a definite family favorite. The warm, creamy, peanuty sauce mixed with chicken, veggies, pasta, and cilantro... How can you go wrong? So, I decided to share it and I honestly have no idea where I found it... If this is your recipe - please let me know and I can give your website credit! :) One last little tid bit, I ALWAYS double this. If you don't it doesn't make much. Use a whole pound of pasta and double everything else! 

Thai chicken fettuccine

Ingredients

  • 1 cup salsa (I use a mango or peach salsa - but spicier salsa kicks it up a notch!)
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
  • 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (I only used one breast for a double recipe, we love meat but are cutting costs and cutting meat, I cut the pieces super small and it was still so filling and hearty!)
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
  • 1/2-1 sweet onion, diced (or cut super small so your kids don't know they are eating it!)
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro

Directions

  • For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Set aside.
  • Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add red pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender. 
  • Drain fettuccine; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Stir together. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.

A few photos from the last week:



Siena, sitting near Eleanor's house. She loves to "smell" the flowers while actually blowing air out of her nose. But she's getting there :). 


She said, "I want to smell the flowers. Bye Mama!" So, I left and peeked around the corner to see what she was doing. Right after that photo she ran around the corner and burst into a million giggles. She loved having a moment "alone".


This is my daughter today. Doesn't she look so grown up?? I'm in love. 



This is at Mission Bay. A really fun spot to go when it's say 95 degrees at your house with no air conditioning. You can jump in the water in a much cooler temp of 85!



BIG NEWS! (Some of you already saw this on facebook) 


My blog is being redesigned. I've wanted to buy a domain for awhile so it is easier for people to get to my blog. I'm really excited about the look, purpose, and renewed vision! It will launch in about two and a half weeks and there will be a really fun giveaway with some of my favorite products and some great friends!

With all that said - I'm off to do a little clean up and a little reading. 

Have a wonderful day!
~Meg

1 comment: