Pages

gRoWiNg...

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My baby girl is growing. and growing! Tomorrow marks the 6th month of her precious little life. While we were on vacation, she rolled over for the first time from her tummy to her back, got her first tooth, and began saying dadadada. This week she ate brown rice cereal and held onto a rattle (for an extended period) for the first time! So many firsts!

Here is Siena eating for the first time!


My friend Sheree recently showed me a website that gives you tips, recipes, and lots more about feeding your baby solids. I made up the recipe for brown rice cereal and today is the 5th day Siena has been eating. It's SO easy and I would totally recommend doing it. It takes about 15 minutes from grinding the cereal to powder all the way to having your little one eat it. Today we are going to try peas!

Recipe for brown rice cereal:

1/4 cup brown rice powder - grind it up in a food processor or blender (I used my magic bullet)
1 cup of water

1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Add the powder and stir constantly.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
4. Mix in breast milk, formula, or water to desired consistency.


Here is Siena shaking her rattle!



Sometimes it is difficult to not desire the next "greener on the other side" season/moment. I try daily to take all of it in and be content. It isn't always that way though. Sometimes it is a huge struggle. This verse speaks to my soul to desire to live life for HIS purposes not mine.

Psalm 37:23
If the Lord delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm.


Job 22: Thank the Lord for the places that he has moved and made your steps firm. Write it down and drop it in!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you desire to cultivate a heart of thankfulness & are willing to try it for 31 days (give or take - there is always grace here) - post a comment during any of my posts that relate to thankfulness. I will send you a gift at the end to show my thankfulness for you. If you are curious what the JOB is read my post here.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment