Pages

Intercede.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I have no doubt that Jeremiah 29:11 is true for me now. Are you familiar with that verse? God says, "I know the plans I have for you! Plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

We have been full time support raising six months now, for some that is short and others it is long. For me I think it has been just about right. God has used it to really sanctify and strengthen my faith. If you're new or you just didn't know - my little family is a missionary family. We are headed down to work with a church at San Diego State University. My husband and I met through doing campus ministry at Washington State University while we were in college and that is how God called us to uproot our lives and move to California.

When Chris brought this opportunity to me, I looked at him as if he were crazy and said there is no way we are moving to California. This was not a high point in my time of learning what it means to be a respectful wife but quickly afterward the Lord softened my heart and we decided to pray about what the Lord would have us do. In hindsight it is not surprising that God told us to move. My stubborn will for my own selfish desires came out in my response but when the Lord had his way it turned into something beautiful.

Chris and I have experienced a few difficulties in the first few years of marriage. Among those are an STD which we talked about here and a miscarriage just a little over two months ago. We feel like we are called to be transparent not because we want to fly our sinful or it's all about us flag. The real reason is because we know that people are struggling with things just like these. If you didn't know SDSU's nickname is STDSU. This is because it has the highest amount of people with sexually transmitted diseases in the country per capita. I pray that we are able to use the shame, bitterness, and pain that we have felt and turn it into something that glorifies God but speaking out about how we have come to this place and how others can walk a higher road.

Now that you know a little more about why we are heading down (hopefully in 4 WEEKS!!!!!) to San Diego would you please intercede for us and take our ministry to the Lord? We are 5% (which breaks down to $250 in monthly gifts) away from being fully funded in our ministry! Please pray that our hearts would be aligned with his and that our final support would come in so that we are able to move down in March.

I truly covet your prayers,
Photobucket
P.S. If you know anyone who may want to give to our ministry this is the website:
http://www.gcmweb.org/getinvolved/Give.aspx
& type in Chris Knight.

5 comments:

  1. I will continue to pray for you and Chris. I stumbled upon your blog a while ago and it is so encouraging to me. I love your transparency and heart for Jesus. I'm from Seattle, but right now I'm at college in Southern California. I'm so excited to see how the Lord will continue to provide for your family and use you in ministry down here. Blessings, Morgann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Morgann - thank you! You are a doll! I can't wait to get to know you better through your blog. Your heart for Jesus is so evident. I think we are two of a kind! Your verse on your blog Phil 4:4 is such a huge part of my life. Are you at Azusa Pacific?

      Delete
    2. Oh, you are too sweet! I am at Azusa Pacific and I will graduate in December :) I know you and Chris are going to be a few hours away when you move down here, but I would just love to connect with you at some point! I just love your heart for Jesus and for your family. I can only hope and pray that someday my witness will be as pure as yours :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete