Pages

Leap.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Beautiful WEATHER!
Sun and 65 degrees today, I think YES.

I don't think I've mentioned here yet how different my husband and I are. If you know us, you know this is true. He is extremely outgoing, loud, energetic, tall, happy-go-lucky optimistic, and adventurous. I am more on the I-like-to-be-alone, quiet, tired, realistic, and homebody type. The Lord definitely had a plan when he put us together. My husband also plays the guitar (I know I've mentioned that) and shockingly enough, I used to sing in my junior high and high school's choir. I loved it. But I never tried out for a solo. Singing in the choir was enough. And that's where it stopped.

Last week though, my handsome man, challenged me to sing with him at our Community Group. I said yes. Without thinking. I usually sit next to him anyway (he tells me that it helps him stay on tune when we sing together) but this is different! It was a definite leap in my faith. It turned out well and people jokingly are saying we need a name for our "band". We did it again last night and I really enjoy it. Just one tiny glimpse about why all those characteristics that he embodies might be a tad bit worth striving after.

Another recent news item, our friend Jon is heading over to the Middle East on a summer project with Campus Crusade for Christ. If you know anything about the Knights, you probably know that Crusade holds a very special place in our hearts.

-Chris and I were both discipled by AMAZING Crusade staffers
-Chris and I both went on summer projects (totaling 4 together!)
-Chris and I met through Crusade
-Chris and I's best friends were made through Crusade
on.and on. this could go.

Anyway, the point is not us. Jon is having extreme faith and has heard the call from the Lord and is obeying. Thank you Jesus that Jon is taking a huge leap and listening to you.

When you go on a summer project (short term mission trip), you raise your funds, similar to when the disciples would be backed and funded by the local church to go spread the gospel in other regions. It is amazing and the Lord uses it for his glory. How can you help you ask? Why yes, I would be ecstatic to answer that little question!

Go here. & help send Jon to the Middle East to share the gospel (literally - $5,$10,$20 seem small, but if that is what you have available then use it! Of course you could also do larger sums like $50,$75,$100)
This reminded me of him this morning as I was reading the Word.
1Thes 1:2-5
We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for following my blog! it means so much♥ I look forward to getting to know you! :)

    much love,
    Samarah♥

    ReplyDelete