Pages

This is YOUR day

Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's 8:05 on Saturday morning, and to tell you the truth the only real reason I am awake is because my lovely husband is going to attend a men's training event. He has drive this morning, I don't really. So I was thinking about my day and I started thinking about how I introduce the calendar to my six year olds. Today is Saturday, January 23rd, 2010. Today is Saturday, January 23rd, 2010. Over and over we say this simple phrase to help prepare them to understand the world through a calendar. Some of them totally get it already but some aren't ready to say it on their own yet. Lately I've been realizing how much the calendar affects my life. I always want the next event, the next weekend, the next stage or season in my life. It has been sort of debilitating towards allowing me to fully experience life. Each day is such a gift and I bring it down to mere events and things to check off my list. One thing I need to continue to ask Jesus, what is YOUR plan for this day. Where do I need to be more careful to listen to your voice, take opportunities to show you to others, or even be more passionate in what I do. It's a hard thing to do, but how much more could my life impact others for Jesus, my days be more enlivened, and my heart be more secure in my Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment