Pages

His Name is Exalted

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Lord Is My Strength and Song
You will say in that day:
"I will give thanks to you, O Lord,
for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
that you might comfort me.

Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation.

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
And you will say in that day:

Give thanks to the Lord,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted.

Sing praises to the Lord,
for he has done gloriously;
let this be made known in all the earth,
Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion,
for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.
~Isaiah 12:1-4

Reading this last night, I realized that what he is saying is very true. God was angry with me! My sin angers him, and it should. But that isn't the final statement. He knows how sinful I am and he looked on me and changed that anger into comfort. Jesus is the propitiation, the reconciliation between myself and the Almighty God. Because of Jesus, I am able to have a relationship with the one who created this insanely beautiful earth and who created each of us. It truly is unbelievable! Jesus is my strength and my song... without trusting in him I become an anxious, fearful, scared little girl. But through him I can be a trusting, victorious, liberated WOMAN! Because of this, I have to make known his deeds, I have to thank him for what he has done, and I have to exalt his name to the people.

1) He has been drawing my dad nearer to himself. Jesus is THE only hope for turning that & all life around.
2)He has drawn Chris and I closer to himself and each other. We are ready for crazy, adventurous life through Jesus. Every day we have been given another little glimpse into it. It's so sweet!
3)I have joy going into my classroom now... HALLELUJAH!
4)We are about 5 days from being members at Mars Hill Church, where the bible is preached & my heart is being utterly transformed!
5)We have awesome community through our church. It is an incredible gift to live life with these people... you know who you are!
6)We are healthy... I completely take for granted the fact that my husband, family, and I are for the most part completely healthy in all ways. I am reminded of this when I look at these two people... who are either victoriously praising Christ through their battle or have a family that is...
www.prayforkate.com
http://fm.thevillagechurch.net/blog/pastors/


I praise you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment