Pages

Gracegracegracegracegrace...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Lately I've been plagued with writer's block. I've also been plagued with the enemies lies and confusion when it comes to what I should/can/desire to write about here. This started as a place to share my time with Jesus and other little things along the way. I want to keep that journey going but it is sometimes difficult to do when life is so full of other things.

If you've been around here for awhile, you know that I attempted to do a 31 day Thankfulness stint, oh you know - back in FEBRUARY!!!!!! and have not finished it. We got 23 done. The whole time I talked about grace and how Jesus gives it so freely. Well, I am experiencing and reveling in his grace because it is October and we are still not done. With two moves, one under way in a few months, two trips to both sides of the U.S., and all other things life brings - my blog has definitely taken a back seat.

Even with all that said, I truly want to finish this out. My blessings jar is 3/4 full and I am SO excited for Thanksgiving to read them with my family. So, join me in a few more days (or weeks) of thankfulness. I know your heart will be glad that you did.

Day 24 (more like 240!!)...
Giving thanks for Having Enough

"Living in a land of plenty presents a challenge. Our vision of what is enough is often distorted by a climate of aggressive advertising and conspicuous consumption. We are told that our wants - a new outfit, a nice car, a theater ticket, a vacation - are really our needs. Even though I see the fallacy of this thinking, I still succumb. When I focus my attention on what I think I need, I am less inclined to give thanks for what I have and to be grateful that what I have is enough."

Do you feel inundated with this kind of thinking? I sure do! I see a new style of outfit I want, new boots, a beautiful home, and covet my friends vacations. We are never satisfied. I love her decision to be thankful for what she does have! If we just take a minute to go through what we have and what we have been given we will be blown away by God's blessing in our lives! The bible says that every good and perfect gift is from above. Obviously, he will not give us every material possession that we want... but we need to learn to be thankful for the sweet gifts he gives us everyday.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**If you desire to cultivate a heart of thankfulness & are willing to try it for 31 days (give or take - there is always grace here) - post a comment during any of my blogs that relate to thankfulness.
I will send you a gift at the end to show my thankfulness for you. If you are curious what the JOB is read my post here.
Photobucket

1 comment: