Pages

ER Visit #3

Thursday, June 14, 2012

This week I read this quote out of a book that my gospel group is reading called Fight Clubs.

Expect unexpected change in your day and remember that it's Holy Spirit directed.
{At least that is my paraphrase...}




Sunday night I sat on my bed after putting Siena in her crib and started to make a list of things on my phone that would bring me rest and rejuvenation if I did them the next day. We had an amazing weekend full of parties, celebrating really amazing friends, and fellowship with lots of families in our church. I was exhausted by the end of it as it was two days of 30 minute naps for Siena and really no time to get anything done around the house - but was incredibly uplifting and fun!

This was my list that I made:
-Workout: Run with Siena or family run
-Bathe Mama and SJ
-Plan meals and prep during nap
-Time with Jesus at 6:45
-Get some work done in bedroom (we just got a new desk; which I am so happy about!!)

Monday morning I woke up at 6:45 with Chris. He left to go meet some friends at the gym and I sat reading/praying in bed. All of my list was washed away when my husband stumbled into the bedroom a half an hour later when he should have been gone at least an hour. I asked him what happened as I could see that he was covered in sweat and was really pale - a look that I had only seen on him one time prior and that was disastrous. He told me he fell and that I needed to look at his leg.

I started to look at them and found a 7cm by 7cm gash on the back of his left thigh. I told him to lay down and that we had to go to the Emergency Room right away. To that he preceded to say, "It can't just heal on it's own??" I told him no... you aren't looking at what I am. He sat there looking like he was going to pass out from the pain/ his body was going into shock.

There is so much more of this story that I could type. But the thing that the Lord is teaching me this week is that I need to be ready. Ready at any moment for him to change my plan, my day, my moment.

I thought that Monday was going to be this relaxing stay at home kind of a day. It turned into 6 and a half hours in the ER while my sweet husband lay on a hospital bed on his stomach. I got one thing checked off that day that was on my list. Getting up with Jesus and spending time with Him first so that my thoughts, motives, actions were in line with his. I am so thankful that I was prompted to do this.

The hospital is probably my least favorite place in the world. But in the last seven months we've been there three times and Jesus has taught us so much each time were there.

We are helpless when we're there. We are at the mercy of a God who loves us but sometimes has a different plan than our own. We have had some of the most strengthening conversations, laughable moments, and been bonded in our marriage because of this trial.

And I am thankful for this ER Visit #3.

1 comment: